Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a locally owned family business? From time to time we have positions come available as a result of the growth in our business or as a result of a member of our friendly team moving on. If a position comes available in one of these areas we will generally advertise the position in our local paper as well as online including Trade Me, other job sites, social media and on this website.
If you are looking to apply for a position we currently have available or want to send your details forward in the event of a position becoming available then please complete the form to the right and we will be in touch.
Our dealership is made up of four main departments Sales, Service, Parts and Management & Administration. It’s a Team approach to ensuring that our customers are given a personal and satisfying experience when they come to us. Within each of these departments we have a number of team members with varied roles.
Accounts Receivable, Database Administrator, Marketing
We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and has a willingness to learn new things. You must be able to set and achieve goals and be prepared to take on extra responsibilities. You must have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and an understanding of accounts and general ledger processes. We are seeking a motived person who is able to commence in the New Year.
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Processing bank account transactions daily and completing a bank reconciliation
- Receipting Cheques received in the mail and prepare daily banking and take to the bank
- Preparing outstanding debtor summaries regularly, following up on overdue accounts and managing bad debts
- Assisting customers with their account queries.
- Monthly debtor statement run and opening new debtor accounts
- Maintaining our database ensuring information is both up to date and accurate
- Assisting our Accounts Payable Administrator and completing the current incumbents’ tasks when they are on leave or absent from the office.
- Producing a quarterly newsletter to our customers (completed online using Mailchimp)
- Maintaining relevant vehicle and machinery information loaded onto our websites
- Marketing and administration tasks
You must have the experience as outlined above as well as the following attributes:
- - A team player as well as someone who works well on their own
- - Have excellent oral and writing skills, including correct grammar and punctuation.
- - An above average level of experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly excel and experience in other computer systems. Ideally you should also have some marketing experience including using social media.
- - Are able to work under pressure and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- - Full Drivers Licence
This position is based at our Pukekohe branch.
Applications close on 18th January 2019
Assistant Vehicle Detailer / Yard Person
Roger Gill Motors operates in two distinct divisions Motor Vehicles and Farm Machinery. The company is enjoying rapid growth and we are looking for someone to join our friendly team at our busy Pukekohe branch.
This position involves a variety of duties, including the grooming of motor vehicles and farm machinery, the pickup and delivery of motor vehicles, farm machinery and customers. You will also be responsible for general cleaning and maintenance duties, and assisting as required in the Sales, Service and Parts departments. You must have a full driver’s licence and having an HT licence would be an advantage.
Much of the work is outdoors and requires a good level of physical fitness. You must also work well in a team environment, use your initiative and have a commitment to excellent customer service.
Whether it is a New or Used vehicle our customers are looking at, talking to one of our friendly Sales staff will ensure that they feel well looked after. We understand that purchasing a vehicle can be an overwhelming experience; our staff take the time to make the entire purchasing process with us an enjoyable one. We ensure that we find the vehicle that best meets their needs.
Roles in our Sales Department can include:
- Sales Consultants
- Brand Managers
- Finance and Insurance Consultant
Our service team are dedicated to providing our customers with the very best in vehicle servicing and repairs. We have a pick up and drop off service where we can drop our customers off at home or work and then pick them up when the job is done. All vehicles serviced in our service centre are washed and vacuumed on completion. If our customers require a vehicle to use while theirs is being serviced we can provide them with a courtesy vehicle.
Roles in our Service Department can include:
- Service Manager
- Service Advisors
- Qualified and Apprentice Technicians
- Vehicle Detailers
Our Parts Department stocks a large range of Genuine Mitsubishi & Kia New Parts and accessories. We also source other New & Used aftermarket parts for all makes and models of cars and light commercials. If it’s not on our shelf we source it for our customers and have it at our branch the next business day by overnight courier.
Roles in our Service Department can include:
- Parts Manager
- Parts Interpreter
Management & Administration Department
Our management and administration team is responsible for overall management of the dealership including business planning, financial management and marketing.
Roles in our Management & Administration Department can include:
- Dealer Principal
- Customer Service
- Financial Controller
- Business Manager
- Account Administrators